Apply to be part of the editorial team
We are currently recruiting an editorial team (x5 positions) to assist us with the day-to-day management of the journal and ensure that our first issue is published in Autumn 2020. The role requirements are as follows:
1. Have completed a PhD in a subject/topic related to British Muslim Studies.
2. Have publications relating to the field of British Muslim Studies.
3. Be able to commit to a three year term as a member of the editorial board.
4. Be a team player.
5. Ability to work to tight deadlines.
6. Have a good understanding of the social history of British Muslims and the current and future social trajectories for British Muslims.
If you are interested in joining the team, please send a CV and cover letter to by 6th April 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that editorial board roles are usually voluntary. However, if we are able to acquire funding, these roles may be entitled to a salary.
Coronavirus Special Issue
We will be dedicating the first issue to focusing on the impact of coronavirus in the British Muslim Community. The journal is conducting its own study into this, which can be accessed here.
We welcome submissions on the following:
(a) Auto-ethnographic papers detailing one's personal experience of the coronavirus outbreak as a British Muslim 8-10,000 words;
(b) The impact of coronavirus on/for any aspect of the British Muslim community (i.e. religious practices, educational experiences, employment experiences, mental health etc), 8-10,000 words.
(c) Commentaries (non-academic) on any aspect of coronavirus pandemic and the British Muslim community, up-to 3000 words.
Please click on the submissions page for guidelines as to how to submit your paper.
Deadline for Abstracts: 1st May 2020.
Deadline for complete articles: 1st September 2020.